"My First Online Dating", isn't it a catchy title? Haha, I have succeeded in seducing you to read this article. Now I am going to rephrase it a little bit as "My First Online Divine Appointment". Ok, no more poppycock, I can't wait to tell you what happend to me last night.
My cousin, who is living in my hometown, said "Hi" to me at the first moment when I was logging on to MSN at home in the evening. We meet each other quite often here. So, you know the routine greetings. Then he said that his sister was online too, whom I haven't talked to for long time. So I asked him about her current situation. He said that he was busy, ask me talk to her directly. I used to spend lots of time with her when we were little. As we grew up, our lives have somehow built up a long distance between us, not only geographically. So, I said "Hi" to her and then blah-blah-blah.
All of sudden, she threw me a question "Do you think immigration is a good idea?" "Do you mean it for me or what?" I asked. "For me", she said. Hum, I smelled something was up here. So I told her, "well, it all depends ..." All in all, I tried to scare her away of this idea. Because as I know, she and her husband are the so called "new middle class" in China. They work as white collar in big international corporations in Guangzhou, have their own house and car, and with no kids. Their life style is supposed to be a dream life of millions of Chinese. How does this idea come into her mind?! That's my question to her after I answered her question. She told me that she felt unsecure for the future, expecially for the retirement, because she is not happy with her life in China and doesn't have much confidence in the government. At this moment, I asked myself a question in my heart "Is it an open door for me to share the good news to her?"
Then I tried to comfort her. I said that I understood her feeling, because I had that worry when I first came to the states. I told her when I have worries, my God can give me peace and strength. Nothing on the earth is worthy of relying on because everything/everyone can change and even turn bad. Only God is reliable forever. Then she said something totally unrelated, that really made me frustrated. I thought she might not be interested in God at all. Before I almost lost my patience, I just threw her a direct question, because I didn't want to waste my time. "So, I would like to share with you about my God. Are you interested in it?" Hehe, I seldom ask such a straight forward question.
Surprisingly, she said "Yes". Then basically I told her my EE testimony modified a little bit, as well as a brief summary of the gospel. Of course I skipped all the illustrations of scrambled eggs, chair, etc. In the mid of my EE typing (English tim), she told me that one of her great uncles was an elder at a church in HongKong and gave her a Bible many years ago. At the end, I asked her "So, Jesus raised up from the death and went to prepare heaven as a gift for you. Do you want to accept this gift?" After sending this sentence, I closed my eyes, bowed my head and prayed. I used to talk about Jesus when msn with my friends, but this is the first time that I make the invitation. I haven't talked to this cousin for so long, now I was asking her to make such an important decision after a few lines. Based on my experience and judgement, it hardly worked.
Praying for a few seconds, I opened eyes, and a clear "Of course" appeared in the monitor in front of me. I couldn't believe it and instantly typed in "really?". Then she said that she has read most of the Bible and she blieved. Hallelujah!!! At that moment, I realized that this msn conversation was a Divine Appointment God made for me. He has prepared her heart for long time and sent her to me last night. You can imagine how excited I was. "Mo la la" I have reaped this fruit. Haha, she was appointed to me by God. Praise the Lord!
Of course I led her to do the confession prayer. She typed every sentence I typed and said "amen" at the end. And I asked her the two questions? She answered it uncertainly at first, then I explained again and showed her John 6:47. Finally she confirmed. And it's time for her lunch. How perfect the timing is!
This is all for my adventure last night.
Julia
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Julia,
Thank you for such an inspirational and JOYFUL sharing! I was really amazed also at how God prepared an opportunity for you to lead her to Christ. It's so amazing, God has already done all the little steps and then He would use us to do the final "easy" step of asking the "question"! I LOVE your sharing. I always think bringing someone to Christ is such a difficult thing, especially to a family member. But you let me see that when it's God time, nothing is difficult. ^.^ Praise God!!!! The idea of leading someone to Christ through online chatting is sooooo cool. =D Thanks! It always makes my day so much more colorful to hear happy sharings from others. Cheers!
God bless,
Sabrina
Hey Julia,
Thanks for sharing, how wonderful it is. You shared the gospel,your cousin listen to it,and God prepares her heart to accept it.
Good job !
Agnes
Post a Comment