After reading Ezra chapter 1, I was mesmerized to learn that God sometimes used "channels" that are beyond our comprehension to accomplish His will. It's also a good reminder to me that God is always in control under any circumstances and everything happens as part of God's plan.
Personally, I am undergoing the state of questioning God after receiving a shocking news that my brother-in-law had just been diagnosed with a terminal cancer. To complicate matters more, even operations, chemotherapies and radiations are not considered as viable methods of treatment. Attending physicians and oncologists said that only miracles could save his life.
In my opinion, my brother-in-law has a great future ahead of him, getting his medical degree and with an impending offer of doing residency in a local hospital. His parents and sibling who are non-believers said that if he were to recover, they would all accept Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. I earnestly pray that if this is part of God's plan and if He is willing thru the miraculous healing of this illness that His name be glorified. Please keep my sister, brother-in-law and their 7 year-old son in your prayers, that'd be greatly appreciated.
Huie-On
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Huie-On,
I am sorry to hear this news. We will certainly pray for your brother-in-law and his family. You're right, God is in control. No matter what storm we are facing in our life, He is the anchor we can rely on.
I've read a book name "Why - Answers to Weather the Storms of Life" before. It may be an encouragement to your sister's family.
Julia
Huie-On,
Thank you for sharing the new to us. This is always difficult to understand why God allows this happens, but His love to everyone is definitely truth. We will certainly pray for your sister's family, and pray that God's strengthen, peace, hope, joy and love always with them. This is good for you and Raymond will go to visit them tmr, I am sure you will give them comfort and support. Agnes
Post a Comment