After reading Ezra Chapter 4, there are couple things I want to share:
(1) 以斯拉記1:5提及 "...猶大和便雅憫的族長、祭司、利未人,就是一切被神激動他心的人,都起來要上耶路撒冷去建造耶和華的殿。" 正當在猶大人建造的時候, 在以斯拉記 第4章中卻被猶大和便雅憫的敵人擾亂,敗壞, 控告, 被迫停工, 及至被抵毀耶路撒冷為反叛惡劣的城。It reminds me a situation that we put so much effort, energy and time on God's ministry, such as outreaching the non-believers, building up the bonding between brothers and sisters, caring the society. We don't get encouragement, but "潑冷水". The non-believers don't seem to believe in God no matter how much love and care you put in. The brothers and sisters don't enjoy the program you have prepared for days and nights. The situation makes you feel like wasting time and holding back from God's ministry.
As a Christian, we gotta understand that building up the Lord's temple is not that easy. If we know that we will face many "road blocks" and frustration, ask yourself if you will insist for God in any circumstances.
(2) In 以斯拉記4:12-22, 亞達薛西王聽了被賄買的謀士的說話, 竟相信耶路撒冷重建完畢,猶大人就不再與王進貢,交課,納稅,終久王必受虧損。王只看見自己的虧損,卻不理會神的事工的重要性。Are we like 亞達薛西王 who put himself the first priority and didn't care about God? Do we tithe before we spend our money? or give what is left in the month?
Annis
(P.S. Sorry for having two languages in one posting. I have tried so hard to copy, paste and type as much Chinese as I can. Typing English seems a lot easier and faster. I will try my best next time.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment