Thursday, September 11, 2008

有冇諗過 Hurricane IKE???

頭先睇電視天氣報告時諗咗個問題:大家有冇諗過如果Hurricane殺到嚟,要在一小時內疏散,你會做啲咩?同用自己架車帶啲咩走?你要知道留係屋企啲嘢可能會被hurricane卷走?請解釋。Be creative!!!

Dory

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was just talking about that with my friend. I thought if it comes, the worse that can happen is flooding and huge winds. Since I live in an apartment and my school has tornado shelter, depending on the severity of the situation (if it's okay, then I will stay in my apt, if it's really bad then I will leave) I will take my lap top, backup hard drives, and my car to my school. I can afford to loose my clothes, stuff animals, and other possessions, but I can't afford to loose all the pictures/memories stored in my laptop and backup hard drives. Once they're gone, they're gone. My car has umbrella, raincoat, emergency food, flash light, first aid kit, toothbrush, extra napkins, hand sanitizer, etc. My school has pillow, blanket, shower stuff in my lab. So I'm pretty ready to go if something does happen in Dallas. That's why I keep so much stuff here and there.. hahahahaha.. Won't leave the city unless there's a meteoroid/bomb coming or something of that sort.
~Sa Goo ^.^

annisleung said...

WOW! Sa goo, you are so ready. Do you really keep food in your car? Will they turn bad easily? You know the HOT temperature in TX.

I never thought about evacuation would happen to us till people from Houston are being evacuated. What if I were one of them, what should I do?

I hope Franky would be at home, so we both could leave together. In this case, we had to give up one of our cars. Then we would go back to the house and take his parent, Christina and Liku. At least 6 of us would be together. Of course, I would take my important document, the canned food, water, medicine for emergency purpose. So bad that I don't backup my hard-drive on regular basis. I think I should start using the Time Machine to backup my iMac. The computer can be lost, but the data and photos are more important as Sa Goo said.

Other than that, I would also fill up the gas tank, and keep some cash in the pocket.

Then, pray to God.

Dory

Anonymous said...

You two have said it all, no more addition from me. But it just reminds me that a simple life (materially) is GOOD.

Julia

Anonymous said...

Julia, that's true. In case something happens, you don't have a lot to move or to lose.

Dory

CCF said...

Dad, Mom and Liku.. Phone, Passport, $, water, food, Liku's food, flash light, hard drives, lap top
aa.... be creative ar..... my BB photos.

I assume gor gor and dory at another car.

By Cinna

Ethan said...

Did you all forget to bring the Bible?

annisleung said...

aiya... hee hee... we definitely need to bring the Bible...