Thursday, May 22, 2008

尼希米記 - 第七章分享

As I read Nehemiah 7, I found that Nehemiah not only held the rebuilding against opposition till the end but he also made the subsequent arrangement in details for the rebuilt. From that I can see his sincerity and accountability being held for God’s highest standard, and it makes me think if I ever hold myself accountable for serving God.

Most of the times, I’d have a commitment to something at Church with full of enthusiasm at the beginning. As it comes along with some sort of roadblocks, I’d find myself off track and not able to keep going with the same purpose of serving God. That is a good reminder for me as to how I could focus on Him in any situation – I’m learning. Are you?

Another good reminder for me is in V. 70-72, which I can see the love for God from those people who were so willing to contribute their money and assets to the work. I immediately thought of the most recent natural disasters – China’s earthquake and Myanmar’s cyclone. As we all live healthily in such a blessed place, are we willing to contribute just a bit to those people who need the most for the sake of love?

- KaKa

No comments: