Tuesday, March 6, 2007

About my Grand Mom

Sorry brothers and sisters, I am not trying to make this blog to be my personal blog. However, I really want to share this good news with you and I promise I am going to keep it short.

My grandmother has been hospitalized since last week and she had been unconscious for many days. The doctor said my grandmother had a stroke. My family has been praying for her recovery and her salvation because she’s 87 years old. On Saturday morning, my sister called both of my uncles in Toronto to understand her situation. They said the situation did not look good, and only miracle could save her. My sister asked my uncles, could she offer them a prayer and would they mind to pray with her. (My uncles are non-Christian) They both agreed to pray with my sister. So they prayed together on the phone. After the prayer, my sister said our God might not prepare a miracle that her physical condition would be the same as before, but she truly believed that God would prepare the best for her. (I called my uncles also, but I never thought about to offer them prayers.)

I was in the mission conference on Saturday. In the evening session, Pastor encouraged us to pray for our family members who were still seeking Him. I kept praying for His mercy and I wish I could make more efforts to tell my grand mom, my uncles, and my aunts about Jesus. When I reached home, I had a message from my mom and asked me to call home. I called my mom on Saturday night, and she told me that grand mom had just woke up, and asked me not to worry about it.

I am wordless to describe what God has done for my uncle’s family. He does not only save my grand mom, but also opens a salvation door for my uncles. He turned a tragedy to blessings.
I request you to pray for the recovery of my grand mom, the salvation of my uncles and my family members. Also, pray that God will open the door for me and my sister to visit my grand mom and share the gospel with her as well as my uncles’ families.

ray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Thank You is ours! Thank You for your sharings! And Thank You for sharing your need, your family's need. I prayed that God will listen to your sister's and your prayer, have mercy on your Grandmon, heal her. That you and your sister can put this into prayer (with your family), and plan for a visiting to her. With love and boldness for the Lord bring the good Gosple to your grandmon and you uncles and their family. Our Lord healsl the sick and is full of mercy. He listens to our prayer will love and the Holy Spirit prays with us.

We were discussing and studying praying for the sick last night. After the study we prayed. A borther pray so bold and his faith was strong. I woke up way before sun rise this morning. Comparing how I prayed, how I acted when facing brother's and sister's sickness. I was so weak. I rationlized death and suffer is on this earth... there is no escape from it! This affected my prayers. I did not focus on the Lord, He is almigty! My focus on the sick was side tracked by their doctor's reports! I forget they need faith, hope, love, and they asked for healing. The rational took the urgent out of my prayers for them, I forgot how I prayed when prayed for my own sick child!

I feel down! I feal unworthy! I felt unworthy to pray and study with such strong brother! I tossed and turned, I have no peace. I struggled, then dawn came.

The Lord spoke to me through Rev. Liu's teaching. His story about the animal seeking for water. When the animals ran into an unpassable wall, what idid they found out about that wall??.. The wall was their own pride, their own self-rightousness, their self pity.... their own unworthiness! I needed to put this down like Rev. Liu teached! Instead of feeling unworthy and wanting to quit. I should learn and and ask the Lord to build up my faith. To focus on the Lord! And focus on the sick! Just like what Ray's sister did! Just like what Ray did! Let's prayed for Ray's Grandmon! Let's pray for Ray's uncles. Let's pray for their families. Let's pray for Ray and his sister's visit! And then we pray for members of your family, my family, whom are not in the Lord!

Let us pray together! Come to to-night's church prayer meeting! Pray together! Or if you can't come then pray where you will be. If you commited to join the prayer meeting during the weekend. Or if you were praying and struggling in your heart for this! Or you have not gave it a servious thought yet!! Come anyway! Come if you can. Or gether together to pray! To pray for Ray's need, to pray for each other's need. To pray for the Kingdom of our Lord!