Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A Sharing

This morning when I arrived at my company, I noticed that one of my colleagues is wearing a business suit (we don’t quite wear such formally at work) and I wondered if there is any great event coming up. I was joking with him. The next thing I knew was he will be attending a funeral. I felt bad about my joke. Furthermore, he said it is a funeral for a newborn baby of one of his church members. My heart saddened immediately. He told me that the minute the baby was born, his heartbeat stopped for unknown reasons. The doctors had tried resuscitating the baby for more than 25 minutes, but it all ended in vain. A newborn baby is dead at the very moment he stepped into this world… His mother was still holding onto the baby crying from 6am (when the baby was born) to about 4:30pm when my colleague visited them as she still couldn’t believe the fact that the baby was dead.

I walked into my room and started to think about the big picture. What were the parents thinking about while this tragedy was happening? I also heard that this was their first baby. Imagine all the decorations in the baby room and the baby stuffs they have prepared for the arrival of this baby. Imagine the excitement and nervous moments for the past 10 months when the baby grew bigger and bigger inside his mother’s womb…... it all vanished in less than 30 minutes…

…………..

I have no answer to all of the questions why this is happening. But it reminded me one thing: Life is precious, and don’t take it for granted. It is NOT an ordinary and regular event that we wake up every morning, go to work, come back from work safely and yet complaining, “What a boring day at work…”, “Could have gotten off work earlier...”, “Why is my salary so low?” etc… I’m reminding myself again that God has given us life for some reasons. He has His purpose for each one of us. Have we found our living purpose yet? Are we putting Him in the center of our everyday life?

Every moment in life counts. Let’s learn to appreciate life and live out His purpose for us!

P/S: Please pray for this couple for God’s comfort.
P/S: For Hilary & Jeffrey and Joanne & Sam, I praise the Lord again for His protection and grace that Ethan and Katie were born healthy and without any complications.

-Vincent

No comments: