"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9)
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Phillipians 4:12b-13)
"Why?" is the question we always ask God. When things happen in the most awkward times, when you least expected it, when we don't want it to happen, etc., we always turn to God and ask "Why?". Things have happened last week that caused great emotional sadness in my heart. As a Christian, I know that it happened for a reason, the way that God thought it was best for all of us. It's so easy for me to say that, but so hard to do in reality. Today as I was driving to work, I come to the conclusion that it is so hard for us to "let go" because of one thing: the concept of "I". "I" wanted this to happen at a certain time because it is what "I" desire. "I" think this shouldn't happen at all because it is sad for "us". "I" think such and such should happen because "I" think the situation would be so much better in the future. Or such and such shouldn't happen because "I" think it is inconvenient for "me". Who am I putting first and top priority in my life? Is it this "I"? Or is it God, as the way it should be? In Isaiah 55:9, God clearly states that His ways are higher than our ways, and His ways are always for our best interest. He is our creator, Alpha and Omega, who else would know what's best for us other than He who knows the beginning and the end? But God understands that we are weak both physically and emotionally, thus in Phillipians 4:13 says He will provide us with the strength and power.
Though I don't completely understand why God has planned for things to happen the way it has, I know that I should have faith and trust in Him that it is what's best for us.
~Sa Goo
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
傳 道 書
3:2 生有時、死有時.栽種有時、拔出所栽種的、也有時. …
3:14 我知道神一切所作的、都必永存、無所增添、無所減少.神這樣行、是要人在他面前存敬畏的心。
有時我地未必明白, 因為智慧有限, 唯有繼續祇禱, 明白神的心意..
~ Christina
Post a Comment