1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Last week, I was a really lost sheep... Lots of things have happened that have covered my eyes from the Lord... my thoughts were filled with negative things. Sickness surely not only weakens our body physically, but also our minds emotionally. No matter how close I was always to God, no matter how much I'm serving, no matter how I've thirst for Him in the past... I failed last week... I've always thought no matter where I am, whatever happens to me, I will stay with the Lord always and there's no way I can be mad at God... this past week was my first experience since I've believed in Him that I was really mad at God. Thinking back now, I thank God for what He has allowed me to experience--the experience of how Satan can take advantage of even the tiniest second when our thoughts start to sway away from God and completely blows up our mind and exaggerate all the failures and disappointments while at the same time taking away all our hopes and dreams... I must admit that Satan was quite successful for couple days... I didn't want to see or talk to anyone... just wanted to be alone and completely close myself to the world and let time pass...
But guess what, God never abandoned me! No matter how mad, disappointing this little lost sheep was, He came back to look for me... It was as if he paved a pathway of yummy green grass to lead and guide me back in the right direction... While I was surfing the net, trying to make my eyes tired again so I can sleep another 10+ hours, I ran into a celebrity blog page that I recently been watching a Taiwanese drama on.. At first, I was just curious.. then I read almost every entry he mentioned about how God has transformed him and have always helped him... When I read one quote he mentioned, tears filled my eyes--"No matter how lost we are, God always knows EXACTLY where we are!" I was touched and awakened by this and immediately felt so regretful for what I have done and been thinking... I felt ashamed, but yet, so grateful that the Lord really is my shepherd! He came back to look for me! I'm so thankful that He allowed me to run into this quote and woke me up from the devil's evil hold on my mind...
Thus, I thought of Psalm 23. It is definitely a VERY wonderful passage... I think it's a very powerful tool used against Satan whenever he tries to trap me again... reminds me of a lot of things... Thank you, Lord, for always being here for me, even when this little angry sheep is screaming and kicking to be away from You, You gave the right lead and opened your arms super wide, patiently waiting for the little sheep to run back into your loving warmth...
~Sa Goo....
No comments:
Post a Comment