Brothers and sisters, I received 2 bad news today and I would like to share with you. It is not about the Book of Daniel, but I think it’s worth to share.
If you have watched the movie ‘Click’, then you pretty much know what I am going to tell you. A colleague of mine came to me this afternoon when I was very busy, and requested to talk to me for a minute. I could tell something really bad just happened to him because he normally has a warm smile in his face. So we went to a conference room and I asked him was he okay. He told me “No”, and he said he got to leave now and asked me to be his backup and took care of his mail because his father was in serious medical condition. Couple of months ago, he told me that his dad diagnosed lung cancer. I shared with him about what happened to my mom (ovarian cancer) and told him how God helped me to walk it through. (He is a Christian) About a month later, he told me his dad’s body did not response to the chemotherapy effectively. At that time, I thought he might have a bad relationship with his dad because if I were he, I would drive back to see my parents everyday. (This was just my wild guess, and he lived in Oklahoma.) So I told him I would pray for him. However, when the last moment comes, you will find out how much you love your parents. (or someone you really care).
After an hour, I received another bad news – another person died at 44 yesterday when he was on his way to work. He looked so healthy to me. (I think he exercises daily.)
These 2 incidents remind me that do I spend enough time for my love ones. I spent 4 hours in the internet and the Mavs game last night instead of spending some of these time to talk to some people I care. I would regret if I pass away today or if they pass away. I am sure that everyone had heard a similar story as what I just shared and might have the same thought as what I did share. However, have we really changed?
I remembered when my mom had cancer, I thought it was the end of the world, and I did not care about my job, my future, and pretty much everything. I just wanted to fly back home to see her. By God grace, my mom had recovered. Am I doing better than 6 years ago, I am not sure. Let me call my mom tonight and ask her.
If you have a good relationship with your parents, congratulations and I urge you to care them more. If you don’t, I urge you to take the initiative to reconciliate with them no matter what.
Let me wrap up my sharing with a Chinese Idiom:
“Trees want to be quiet, but the wind keeps blowing. Sons want to take care of their parents, but they no longer live.”
We or they may not have tomorrow. Do it now.
By Raymond
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I totally understand your feeling. When I picked up my parents from DFW in 2005, I realized they have become so much older than I imagined. They've even become shorter. I felt so sad. Then when I saw them off in DFW three months later, the fear of not being able to see them again swept my mind and heart. How badly I wish I can be with them forever! Fortunately we have this hope!
Thank you for your sharing and remind, It is sad to see our parent get older and older .When I went back home last year, I felt sad when I saw my father. He can not speak clearly now. I really want to stay longer and spend more time with him.
here is an article which I read long time ago, it is so touching….
===================================
孩子 ! 當你還小的時候, 我花了很多時間, 教你慢慢用湯匙, 用筷子吃東西, 教你繫鞋帶, 扣扣子, 溜滑梯, 教你穿衣服, 梳頭髮, 抺筭涕. 這些和你一起的點點滴滴, 是多麼的令我懷忘不已.
所以, 當我想不起來, 接不上話時, 請給我一點時間, 等我再想一想……
極可能最後連要說什麼, 我也一拼忘記.
孩子 ! 你忘記我們练習了好幾百回, 才學會的第一首兒歌嗎 ?
所以, 當我重覆說著老掉牙的故事, 啍著我孩提時代的兒歌時, 體諒我.
讓我沉醉在這些回憶中吧 !
盼望你也能陪著我閒話家常吧 !
孩子 , 現在我常忘了扣扣子, 繫鞋帶. 吃東西時會弄髒衣服, 梳頭髮時手還不斷的抖, 不要催促我, 要對我多一點耐心和溫柔, 只要有你在一起, 就會有很多的溫暖 湧上心頭.
孩子 ! 如今我的腳站也站不穩, 走也走不動 .
所以, 請你緊緊的握著我的手, 陪著我, 慢慢的.
就像當年般, 我帶著你一步一步地走.
Thanks for your sharing. I'm so lucky. My parents stay with me now. You can see my blog. I hope my parents 身體健康, 爹D快D信主, 亦都係我既生日願望..
I am not trying to scare you, but I just received another email from my colleague and his dad just passed away yesterday.
Agnes, thanks for reminding me that how impatient I was when I taught my dad to use computer.
Thank you all, I have spent nights to play video game, watch cartoons and browse internet recently. I should spend more time with them even though we live in a same house.
I should think my clock always slower than my parents' coz I get much more time than them. Once I get married in the nearly future, it will be less time to stay with them.
Franky
Our recent life has changed dramatically. We used to have a lot of free time. Since we have a baby, I didn't have any time to play anymore. Now, my parents are here and my personal time is even limited than before. I feel so stressful and tired sometime because I don't have time to relax anymore. After read these articles(both from raymond and Agnes), my mind totally changed. Having my son, my wife and my parents all together in one house is a blessing from God. Yes, we should spend more time to the one we love. Thanks for all your sharing.
Post a Comment