Wednesday, April 11, 2007

祈禱懇求(但9:1-19)

但以理書第九章的背景是波斯國打敗了巴比倫,正值政權交替的時期(約是主前539或538年)。還記得我們在介紹但以理書背景的時候,提到但以理在主前605年被尼布甲尼撒王虜到巴比倫,這是猶太人第一次被擄,驅逐出耶路撒冷(參考CCFBlog的“但以理書背景資料”)。也就說,時值第一次被擄已經快70年了,正因為這樣,當但以理讀到先知耶利米關於“耶路撒冷荒涼的年數,七十年為滿”(參耶利米書25:11, 12;29:10)的預言時,他有這麼強烈的反映。但以理希望能明白這預言何時會應驗,所以“便禁食,披麻蒙灰,定意向主神祈禱懇求”。

本章分為兩大部分,第一部分是但以理向耶和華神作的禱告(v 1-19),第二部分是他所看到的異象(v 20-27)。我們會在週五的查經仔細討論他作的禱告。在查經之前,希望大家認真讀這段禱告,思考以下問題:

1.但以理禱告的態度如何?
2.禱告的內容包括了什麼?


作為基督徒,主吩咐我們要作這世界的光和鹽。如果沒有聖靈所賜的能力,這光和鹽並不能起大作用。而“世界”不僅僅指我們所接觸的人群,也包括我們身處的社區和國家。今年5月3日是“全國禱告日 (National Day of Prayer)”,正是一個很好的機會,讓所有居住在美國的基督徒同心為這個國家不同的領域向神呼求,禱告。

By Julia

1 comment:

CCF said...

無錯禱告係好重要, 以下係Nicky's 要大家代禱, 神聽禱, 直至幾日後既成就, 大家有冇唸過返o番祈禱會, 最近都有D改動, 試下黎la...

by christina

Dear brothers and sisters,
As you may have known I received a job offer in Chicago and now I am in the process of H-1B petition. The H-1B situation this year is extremely bad. In the first two days (Apr 2 and 3) of accepting petitions,the USCIS received approximately 133,000 unique mails which may contain more than one petition in each. This far exceeds the H-1B cap (60,000) for the year 2007. The USCIS stopped accepting petitions on Apr 4 and thank the Lord that my petition was received and entered into their computer system on Apr 2. They will be conducting computer random selection on the cap-subject petitions, adjudicate the computer-selected petitions and reject the ones that are not selected without any adjudication. There are 20,000 cap exemptions for the petitioners who hold master's or higher degree, which I am qualified for. Up to today, the USCIS is still tallying the petitions and will conduct the computer selection once they finish. I need your prayers and here are what I need you to pray for Joyce and I.
1. Pray that the Lord gives Joyce and I guidance and strength to face whatever the result is and we will always be faithful in Him.
2. Pray that my petition will be in the cap-exemption pile and it will not have to be subject to computer selection.
3. Pray that the company and I will work out a fair solution in case that I fail to get H-1B. (I will still be able to work on OPT from May to Aug)
4. Give thanks to the Lord that Joyce is side by side with me whatever happens.
Joyce and I appreciate your time and prayers. Please forward this email to whoever you think he/she can pray for us. May the Lord always be with you.
In Him,
Nicky

Dear brothers and sisters,
He listens and hears. I just received an email from my H-1B lawyer, which says the H-1B petition has been approved. I thank God for that. I also deeply appreciate your supports and prayers during the week. Without you guys, Joyce and I would have had to face this unbearable torture alone. Our God always listens and hears our prayer, and He granted our asking in this unbelievable speed out of this extremely difficult situation. May my story be your testimony and support when you experience down-hill in your life. Always, pray and believe in Him.
In Him,
Nicky