Hi all,
Something happened yesterday and it has been really stressful, depressing, and frustrated. Between Sunday night and Monday morning, my car was hit by anonymous person on my rear passenger door. It was smashed in pretty bad and bottom part of it was actually dented in where I'm afraid to open the door because it may not close again. It was pretty much a hit and run incident. I couldn't guess who it was or when it happened because nobody parked next to me that Sunday night or Monday morning when I went to my car. It was a pretty big shock to me. I called the insurance company right away and got an estimate on how much it would cost to fix my car. It turns out that the whole door would need to be replaced, the entire right side of my car needs to be repainted, and hopefully the bottom part of my car is not damaged (or else it would be more expensive and take more time to fix). The insurance company said that it's a "no fault" incident and most likely my premium would not go up on my next bill. But I would have to pay a $500 deductible regardless. If I had uninsured motorist property damage coverage, my deductible would have been $250. And I would HAVE to fix it unless I don't want to open that door for the next four years and be able to resell the car.
I feel okay after the incident yesterday, but the more I think about it, the more frustrated and angry I felt that I have to pay $500 extra for nothing! I guess to a graduate student, that is a big chunk of money to be spent all of a sudden for nothing. It was not my fault, I couldn't have controlled it. I am just so mad at that person whoever hit it! Today I have to go and file a police report just to make sure my insurance company has more proof that it was a no fault incident. It will take 5-7 days to fix my car, so I may have to stay at my friend's place where she lives right across from school so I can just walk to campus. Every time I see my car and the more I think about it, the more frustrated and depress I get--the money, the favor I have to ask of my friend, the extra work of going to the police, insurance, etc... I mean, why me? Why now? As most of you know, I was just hit in the rear by someone else and got it fixed less than a month ago. Why does this happen when I already have a gazzillion other things going on in my life? Work has been extremely busy. I have lots o deadline i October. My boss seems unsatisfied with m because I can never b as intelligent a he is... Sigh.. it's just a lot for m to take... I d understand that all o this i part o life and I have t face and deal with it. And I just hate t be depress and mad all the time over such a issue...
Please pray for my emotions and that hopefully my insurance premium would not increase as a result of this. Now I really understand how it feels that sometimes you just want to ask God to make that person who hit me feel guilty and gets what he deserves.. it's so hard to forgive someone that caused you so much trouble and depression. So please pray that I'll be able to forgive and forget, and that I can get use to the amount of work load I'll have. Thank you all so much for taking your time to read my email...
God bless,
Sabrina...
8 comments:
Really sorry about what happened around you recently. God surely has His purpose to let that happened. Or Satan has been distracting you from God. No matter what, think about if this was not about your car which something even worst happened on you that night. We should still Praise our Lord that He didn't let that happened. I believe everything will be settled soon. Just like when I hit my car last few months ago, I was mad in the beginning. However, God taught me that it might be happened on my new BMW if I indeed purchased at that time. I hope this will make you feeling better! Ttyl.
Franky
Hi Sabrina - Sorry to hear what has happened! You knowwhat, you are not alone. Crazy things happen attimes!! Just like my new car got scratched by the aptgate a few days after purchased because silly mestopped too close to it! And then a few days later itgot towed and I had to pay 200 bucks because I parkedat my assigned spot without hanging the sticker!! Andtonight Joseph's car got broke in, the driver's sidewindow is broken and the installed DVD system is gonejust in a minute! Man... the alarm only did ring for aminute for real.It's all frustrating to us all but think about howgreat is the Lord that we are safe in the incidentsand still have extra money in our account to fix thecar, right? Oh well, although we don't want to spendit that way...Remember you are not alone. If you need any help foranything, please let us know. See!?
Karen
Sabrina, Joseph and Karen,
Thank you for ur sharing. I still remember how I felt when someone threw a stone from a LONG distance towards my car while i was driving on a fairly busy street. How could it hit my car and why me? I even thought it was a gun shot becoz of the demage it caused until I found the stone inside my car. It was unbelievably frustrating for the trouble/$ costed me, just becoz of the naive and irresponsible act of a stupid person. I was depressed for almost a week, especially it happened while I was 8m pregnant, the time I wanted least trouble. Like Karen said, crazy things happened at times. God healed my frustration and depression many many times thru this song.
"Although storm may come, I am holding on to the rock I cling. I can sing in the troubled times, just becoz I'm loved by a King. I know I'm loved by a King and it makes my heart want to sing. I can sing." Hope God gives you comfort thru this song as well.
I'll lift you and your family up in prayers.
Hilary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Of0ntOdDZU
How can I keep from singing
There is an endless song echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And though storms may come
I am holding on to the rock I cling
How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I will lift my eyes In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You see me through
And sing the songs You give
How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And I fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne
How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart
I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart
I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I can sing
Hi Sabrina:
We are not trying to “show hand”/”All in” our bad experience to you. I was having a similar issue about 4 years ago, and I am sure that many in our fellowship may still recall my frustration.
My car was broken in 3-4 times that year in different apartments and these apartments have many Porsche, BMWs, and all luxury car you name them. I was driving a 95 Honda Accord. Also, my car was stolen for 2 weeks. To keep the story short, finally it was found after 2 weeks, and the car had to be fixed for 8000 dollars which my car did no even worth $8000.. (That’s another long story I could tell you that how I struggle with the insurance adjuster) Then it took a month for the dealer to fix the car. (the car was not fixed after 30 days and I had another long story I could tell you for the whole day) Finally, my car was damaged badly when it was parked in Huie-On’s apartment. (that’s another story I can tell you for all day about how I deal with the insurance agent to negotiate the compensation from $3300 to $4300)
Anyway, if you ask me why it happened, I did not have the answer for you at that time. However, once I saw brothers' and sisters' emails, I was motivated to write you this because I thought I might have the answer. Do you remember the song trust His heart? Here are the first 2 sentences:
All things work for our good though sometimes we can't see how they could..
I think God let us to have all these bad experience because He wants us to encourage one another through our bad experiences. If we have not experienced all these similar incidents before and asked you to trust Him unconditionally, you might think – Yeah you are right.. You are not in my position before. However, if we do have a similar experiences and share this with you, I think you would feel better.
In last 2-3 years, I am blessed that many brothers and sisters shared their “bad” experiences with me. I did not understand why God let these brothers and sisters experienced those things at that time. Some of these incidents are so serious that I thought these incidents might crush their faiths. However, when I look back today, all these brothers and sisters build a stronger relationships with Him and their experiences do encourage other brothers and sisters who had similar experiences. I praise God that He turns curses to blessings!
So, please do remember to share your experience with the one who experiences a similar incident next time. It could be other blessings.
Sabrina,
I think you've already got the idea why God allowed this bad things happen to you through all the other emails. I just want to say Amen to that. If you still feel depressed and sad, pour out your bad feeling to Him and also to your lovely brothers and sisters. At least you won't feel lonely.
Julia
Dear Sabrina-chan:
Just remember, money is just money... As long as oursoul is well, that's all it matters.
Remembering the times (yes, more than once) that mycar/health got messed up (or messed with from the evilone) for no-reason as well and I had to end up payingfor things that are not my fault at all... It's awfuland frustrating at first, but when everything ends,you will see how His hands protect/direct you throughit all... That $250, $500, or $3,000 is way worth itfor that "tuition fee" in seeing and experiencing HIM.^_^
Just said a prayer for you: May you be in awe of Himthrough this...
Love in HIM,
Esther.
Dear Sabrina,
Remember my brother’s TT car was hit by someone. I was at his car and I stayed in hospital few days. I didn’t get mad or frustrating because I still alive and our brothers and sisters treated me like a baby. They bought me a lot of food just like a buffet. I remember Raymond didn’t have job at that time and Norman at the overnight shift. They brought Hilary’s oil soup to me. Some sisters helped me to walk and went to toilet. Joanne cleaned my body. Haha… Mel, stayed with me overnight… I felt a lot of love from God and them. I never say why and I felt like very lucky tim… God is awesome!! If you need any help, please let me know. Please attached my photos.
Christina
Dear Brothers and Sisters.. ^.^
Thank you so much for all of your words of comfort and sharing your similar past experiences with me. They definitely make me feel that the grudge I had about what happened to me is so unimportant when compared with what God has to teach me. And of course I felt so loved and touched that so many of you had read my long email and responded to me. ^o^ Thanks to everyone of you so very much!
Thanks to all your prayers, my emotions are okay now... I'm sort of back to normal.. Just trying to cope with the busy work load I have and put together a presentation by next week. But at least I don't feel lonely and depressed anymore. I'm just taking one task at a time instead of trying to accomplish everything all at once. (Hope my boss can be patient about that.. hahaha) I won't be able to fix my car until middle of October (when my friend is done with her exam so I can stay at her place for a week). Just hope nothing more goes wrong with it la! ^.^ Having car problems twice a month is not so great.. ^_^
Thank you all again, and I will see you on Friday during fellowship!
God bless,
Sabrina...
Post a Comment