Through many facebook’s news-feeds/updates, I have been noticing the things that people tend to put their time and money into. As my brain starts analyzing the notion of priorities in human beings, God convicted my own set of hunger. I realize I spend too much time in reading and thinking; my money mostly goes to books and my time is largely spent in the reflection of thoughts. It is not bad to seek knowledge, but somehow I think I have been trapped in such reflections that they have become means of their own and not a process that leads to a greater love toward my brothers and sisters. Jesus, once again, has proven Himself, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matt 6:21) I put my money to my brain and my time to my mind and where do they take me? The commandments of the first table of loving Him can be facilitated by such knowledge as one basks in the presence of His Words, but it has proven to be of little help in the second table of loving my neighbors. In fact, it has caused me to become more critical of the hidden motives and the deceitfulness of human souls. (Jer 17:9) A critical spirit toward others leads to distrust while a critical spirit toward the self leads to destruction and condemnation; if thoughts are apart from love, nothing good comes out of it.
Today, I am not going to burn all my books, but I am willing to dedicate in putting less money and less time toward the fruits of the mind and more time and more money toward the fruits of love. Perhaps I need to analyze less and learn what it means to “forget it” as in understanding that leads to forgiveness.
Yoko Ri (Esther Lee)
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment