I started using a new devotional aid this morning called "Going places with God: A devotional journey through the lands of the bible" by Wayne Stiles. I was just reading the forward of the book and was overwhelmed by the message that has been something on my mind. It talks about people being excited to go to Israel and they ask the guide whether "Jesus has walked here." Some guides will tell them yes, but others will tell them to look down 25ft to where Jesus really walked. The land that Jesus walked has been covered by rubble, buildings and such. What was once simple has been covered by a bunch of unnecessary things.
Has our walk with God been covered by unnecessary things? James 4:8 says "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." How simple the message, if we pursue God He will draw us near to Him. Have our lives been covered by a lot of unnecessary things or events? What about our church programs? Our fellowship programs? Recently I've tried to push one simple idea back into ACCF fellowship and that is the message of our church statement. "To lead non-believers to believers, and believers to become devoted followers of Christ. " What am I doing to help this cause? How do the programs I set contribute to this? How can I make it simple? Simplify our lives from the routines and the extravagant and place ourselves back into the simple idea of loving God, loving people, and making disciplines of all nations. -wk
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment