Saturday, February 24, 2007

Alarm

I am currently reading a book named "Why - Answers to Weather the Storms of Life", wrote by Vernon Brew, a faithful and accomplishing servant of God, who also was a cancer patient 22 years ago. After suffering this deadly disease, he understands why God allows suffering in a believer's life. By writing this book, he shares his learning and encouragement with us. I haven't finished reading it, but I can't wait to share it with you.

At first, let me share with you why I read this book. I read it because I think it will prepare me to answer questions raised by friends and family. Deep down, I don't really think I need it. But just on the page 13, in the Introduction section, one sentence caugt my heart and even made me hardly to breathe.


"...sooner or later, we all face storms. No one is exempt from problems..."

It's so plain and painful, NO ONE IS EXEMPT! An alarm immediately rings in my mind: I have been going through or in many struggles, but none is considered as STORM. So, what's my life storm? when will it come? can I survive? ......

The author summarizes two possible reasons of our life storm, that may help answer the "why" question:
  1. "As believers, the enemy of our soul is always challenging us and putting our faith to the test."
  2. "Many of the stormy whirlwinds that come into our lives come as a result of our own disobedience, bad habits or actions."

Although I haven't even finished half of the book, I have found many positive and encouraging statements that may help me face my life challenge and rejoice at the beneficial results of the trial. Here I quote some of them and hope it will prepare you or encourage you:

  • "Life's storms give us the opportunity to examine and prove our beliefs --- both to ourselves and to the world"
  • "God knows what you are going through. He loves you and has plan for you to not only survie but to THRIVE!"
  • "You will have good days, bad days, painful days, strong days, weak days and encouraging days. But you will never have days alone."
I am so glad that I read this book. Because it is preparing me for my life storm, in stead of just pretending to be a teacher. Like the author said,


"Do not be surprised or caught off guard by trouble in your life."

by Julia

No comments: