Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Stories about Dr Li and Dr Haynes

It is my honor to be their memorial services. I ditto Julia’s previous post. I wish I could spend more time with them and listen to their stories. I personally like to watch those movies which based on the true stories. However, none of these movies touch my life more than the sharing from their family members and relatives.

Here are couple of stories that I want to share with you about Dr Li and Dr Haynes because these stories always motivate me and I hope it will do the same to you:

When Dr Li’s knew that a friend of his friend (not even Dr Li’s friend) had the similar cancer as what he had, he not only called him to encourage him and recommended him what he should do, but also bought the expensive medicine for him. Also, in a prayer meeting, when people asked him how did he feel, I could tell he was in such a great pain and discomfort, he still praised the Lord and said he was totally fine and encouraged other brothers and sisters who diagnosed cancer. He is such a caring person to all other people no matter he knew them or not and put his own needs in the lowest priority.

Dr Haynes originally wanted to be a pilot. However, he accepted the calling from God and went to a theology school instead. Besides, his family traveled to Malaysia when his daughter was couple of months old. He could have trillion of excuses to ignore the calling from God. (Finish his pilot certificate first, wait for her daughter to grow up, or go to a closer country, blah blah blah) However, he did not do that and just accepted the calling from God. His testimonies encourage me to leave my comfort zone and accept God’s calling.


Also, I believed many of you may have the same question as I do – Why God allows this to happen to Dr Hayes because he is such a faithful servant? His daughter’s sharing did answer my question. God has been taking care of his family since his family accepted God’s calling (many stories in her sharing that how God took care of his family. E.g. her daughter almost killed by a jellyfish and how God saved her.) So even though we do not understand it now, we know that God is a caring God and He always prepares the best for us.

I am glad that one day I will see them again and I am going to request them to tell me about all their stories – sit under a big tree and then they share their stories.


By Raymond

No comments: